- You must be a student currently enrolled at an Australian university to register.
- You must compete within a team of 2-4 people.
- Those who register but are unable to find a team by the start of the event will be placed into a team with others who did not find a team.
- You will have 48 hours hacking time to complete and submit a prototype using any software, language or framework of your choosing.
- No work may be done on the project before hacking time begins, and you cannot use any past work done towards other projects.
- All code must be made available on a public repository with all commits made during the hacking time.
Code of conduct
The MACathon is an inclusive and safe event that will not tolerate any form of harassment. These include, but are not limited to:
- Depreciative comments.
- Sexual language and imagery.
- Taking photos or videos of people without their consent.
- Use of offensive language.
- Jeering or other actions that purposefully disrupts presenters.
- Any other action that may cause an individual to feel uncomfortable.
Breaches of any of the listed rules or code of conduct will result in disqualification from the competition and potentially future events.