Demonstrate and develop your creative and inventive skills by building real-world solutions at our first MACathon!
MACathon is a 48-hour hackathon event in which teams of 2-4 develop solutions to real world problems and present them to industry experts. A theme for the projects will be announced before the event and teams will need to create a solution using IT applications.
With a prize pool of $1600 and the chance to network with the other hackers, this is a great opportunity to flex your problem-solving muscles!
All teams are required to:
- A one sentence elevator pitch describing what your project is.
- A brief 300 word description of the project, including the problem you wanted to solve, your solution, how you built it, and any challenges you ran into.
- A link to your GitHub repository (remember to make it publicly visible!)
- A 3 minute video pitch (upload it to YouTube and submit the link)
- Optionally, include any images or extra demos that will help the judges when reviewing your project.
The judges will choose a number of finalists whose pitches will be played to the judges in the final showcase.
$1,600 in prizes
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Software Engineer at Canva
Software Engineer at Google
Head of Technology Risk at NAB
Senior Analyst Engineer at NAB
Creativity and Innovation
We are looking for creative and innovative ideas! Is the idea original, realistic, and does it effectively relate to the theme?
Realisation and Implementation of Ideas
We want to see your solution come to life! Is your build working and is it user-friendly?
We want to see you challenge yourself! Is the build technically interesting? Have you used frameworks and libraries relevant in today's tech industry?
Quality of Pitch
Present your solution in an engaging and creative way! How well can you sell your idea and get us on board?